Who is Layla Loves?
I’m a wellness advocate, stylestalker and natural beauty lover. As a qualified journalist I have previously completed stints in radio and TV news, along with gigs in print–newspapers and magazines.
Previously hailing from the UK, I moved to Australia 15 years ago, which started my love affair with travel and different lifestyle cultures.
Now living on Australia’s Gold Coast, I make the most of the sunshine! (When I’m not on my laptop… or Instagram that is).
What has inspired you to do a health and lifestyle blog?
While travelling a couple of years ago, living out of a suitcase, with late nights, binge drinking and fast food for every meal, I became really sick – both mentally and physically. That gave me the jump-start I needed to sit-up, take notice and a make lifestyle change.
So Google became my best friend, research my soul mate, and blogger stalking my trusted ally. To say I was obsessed is putting it politely.
But even though I researched everything I could find about healthy living, I couldn’t find out where everyone was getting their information from. Where was the credibility?
So I made the decision to not only share my knowledge that I had mentally filed over the last few years, but I wanted to create a place that would provide information that was credible, authentic, and reliable.
How do you motivate yourself to keep fit? Give us a little sneak peek into your daily / weekly routine?
Make a date! The best motivation tool for me is to make a commitment with someone. I find it’s much harder to let someone down, than it is to just not exercise.
And while I’m not a gym junkie, I do love walking, a bit of weight training, and fitness activities – kayaking, dancing and yoga – that way I have fun when I workout, which I think is important.
Can you share with us your top three tips getting and staying fit?
- Make a schedule: It’s so easy to say “I’m too tired” or “I’m too busy” to workout, but if you actually schedule it into your day then you make that commitment and it makes you feel like you do have the time to exercise.
- Mix it up: It’s no fun doing the same thing all the time. Routine is great – but it can also become boring. You might even find a workout you really enjoy doing – i.e. dancing!
- Take photos: If you’re on a training regime – losing weight, toning up etc then it’s great to be reminded of your progress. It can give you the motivation to keep going when you see how far you have come.
What are your favourite sports / fitness brands?
Lorna Jane always on trend and east to mix and match – love that you can take their clothes from daywear to gym wear.
Nike always reliable brand that looks good and feels good.
If you had to wear three trainers for the rest of your life what would they be and why?
- Nike Roshe One the color simple silhouette and light-weight feel make them perfect for everyday wear!
- Nike Free TR 5 supportive fit and breathable mesh material to help with hot-weather workouts
- GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI Cruel leather wedge trainers add a touch of sass the wedge leather trainer is perfect to glam up your workout wardrobe.
Who is on top of your instagram fitspo list?
Can you share with us your favourite tune you listen to get motivated when you train?
I Wanna Feel – Second city: It’s the best dance tune to pump you up for a workout, especially on the days you don’t feel motivated.
Share with us your favorite healthy smoothie recipe?
Spinach, pineapple, banana, coconut water and manuka honey in a nutribullet and blend, taste the yummiest juice of your life!
Smoothie bowl: Another recipe I have find that is a staple in my kitchen is the avocado and berry smoothie bowl. Put half and avocado, berries, manuka honey in a nutribullet and blend. Top with nuts, fruit and/or yoghurt. Yum!
Where to next?
My goal is to continually provide readers with the best content available on living their best lifestyle. Writing e-books, vlogging, how-to-guides will be the next steps – for me, it’s all about providing great content in the most accessible way possible to help and inspire people to live a healthy and stylish lifestyle.
Follow the adventures of Layla Loves here